Tuesday 13 September 2011

Clivia

Do you know Clivia? Clusters of vibrant yellow throated, orange or salmon trumpet flowers. A few choice varieties bloom in bright red, yellow or cream but these are not always available.
The flowers are held on stalks above the clump of dark green strap-like leaves.

They are just stunning. Very easily grown plants that every year  happily blossom in the shady spot and brighten up the early spring garden. For some reason I've never seen Clivia in flower markets, it's only seen in pots at the nursery. It must not be suitable for cut flowers I guess. However when I use them in flower arrangements they have great impact and last as long as general common flowers. I will show you soon how they look beautiful in a flower arrangement but just let me enjoy them a little longer in my garden looking them through the window 'cos they are just starting to blossom...

No comments:

Post a Comment